(Both Employment and Career Opportunity Network)
The B.E.A.C.O.N. (“lighting pathways to success”) Workforce Development Program is designed to assist our clients find employment, inform our members about jobs that they might not otherwise know about, give them the opportunity to apply and, when needed, help them prepare for the interview. Once employed, we serve as a resource for how to retain employment, move upward within the organization, or move-on to another opportunity.
B.E.A.C.O.N. specializes in providing access to informal/formal assessments, one-on-one counseling and case management services treating each member as an individual with individual needs. We offer the following:
- “Footsteps to Success”
Reentry orientation classes with curriculum specifically designed to motivate and inform returning citizens about second chance rights and resources available in Travis County.
- Job Readiness Training includes the following:
Mock Interviews (recorded so client can visually see themselves in action),
Soft Skills Workshops with emphasis on
- workplace etiquette (a little courtesy goes a long way)
- communications (how to speak with confidence, disagree without aggression, and get that promotion without losing your cool and your job),
- how to dress for success.
- Computer Classes – available upon request
- Computer Job Searches
IF YOU JUST NEED TO KNOW
- Who to contact and what to do about DPS surcharges and suspended DLs?
- How to apply for GED classes, colleges prep, and/or skills training programs in Travis County?
- Are you eligible to apply for assistance for housing, food, and/or clothing?
- Where to go to get professional help for mental or physical disabilities or
- Any other issue you might need research about…call and…
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR GREAT NETWORK!
(512) 428-4480 ext. 202 or ext. 203